This two-day workshop, organized by UCLA English Ph.D. candidate Sara V. Torres and DH program coordinator Miriam Posner, is designed to address a need we’ve heard from UCLA grad students for a quick way to get up to speed with DH basics in order to participate in conversations and projects.
We’re doing this as an experiment in the hopes that bootcampers will take part in the DH community at UCLA, and particularly our grad student working group.
Registration for the bootcamp is full, but if you’d like to be kept informed of future DH events for grad students (including, potentially, another bootcamp), please sign up here.
By the end of the workshop, campers will understand:
- how to build and publish a website
- the basics of text markup with the Text Encoding Initiative
- how to create an online exhibit
- how to create a basic web-based map
- fundamental concepts and debates within the digital humanities